serves: as an app 3-4, but I could have easily eaten them all- tho, that doesn’t mean you should…
prep/cook time: 40 – 60 minutes depending how you like your cauliflower cooked
What you’ll need
- head of cauliflower (a full one, not like my demolished one)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of Garlic powder with parsley
- zip lock back
- one small egg
- Turn your oven on to 400*
2. While that baby is heating up, rip that head of cauliflower to bits. I mean, just tare it up. It was a great stress reliever pulling that thing apart with my bare hands, but I digress. You want to piece to be about this size (below). You should be able to say, it will take me two or less bites to eat that or if you’re my four year old you should ask could I shove this whole piece in my mouth at once? if the answer is yes to either of those, then you’ve got them the right size!
3 .Rinse and dry your bites and spread out on a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes (I skipped this step and went from step 2 to step 4, because I wanted my bites to have a little crunch to them still).
4. Pull the bites from the oven and let cool
5. Beat your one egg in a bowl, set aside. Combine panko and garlic/parsley powder in the zip lock bag.
6. Take each bite, toss in the egg real quick, then throw it in the bag. Once they’re all in there, shake that baby up!
7. Once the bites are covered, dump the bag back onto the baking sheet, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss back in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until either golden brown or the tenderness you prefer.
8. Heat up some marinara for dipping or enjoy as is