If you’re a regular here, you’ll know I am all for those quick and easy, throw whatever I have in the cabinet in a pot, kind of people. So when you have frozen roasted sweet potato on the verge of getting freezer burn, it’s time to throw something together, because we also do no waste.
Mexican-style Quinoa and Sweet Potato
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 serving of quinoa (usually half the box)
- 1 can yellow corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag frozen roasted sweet potato
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- Cook quinoa according to direction on box
- Drain the black beans and corn and warm in a small amount of fresh water, then drain again
- Prepare sweet potato (mine was a steam fresh bag so I just toasted that in the microwave)
- Mix together quinoa, corn, black beans, sweet potatoes and taco seasoning
- Add cheese and mix again until cheese is melted.
I tried really hard to get my kids to like it, so I kept everything separate so that they could see all the things they liked (with the exception of sweet potatoes). They ate all of it, but the sweet potatoes, so I guess it’s kind of a win.